Zesty Pineapple Lemonade
This unique drink combines traditional lemonade with the juicy addition of sliced pineapple for a delicious spring beverage. Treat you and a group of friends to zesty pineapple lemonade that yields up to 6 servings.
What You Will Need:
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 lemons
- 1 whole pineapple
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
How It’s Made:
- Start by cutting your pineapple in half. Slice the first half of the pineapple into slices. Take the other half and press the juice into a pitcher.
- Press the 4 lemons into the pitcher.
- Now pour 4 cups of hot water with the 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and stir thoroughly.
- Put the pitcher of lemonade in the fridge to cool down.
- Serve the zesty pineapple lemonade chilled over ice with a slice of pineapple.
Warm your spirit with this easy-to-make mulled apple cider. It’s the perfect fall drink! Whether you’ve just raked leaves from the yard or you’re having guests over for Thanksgiving, you can put together this beverage is just a few minutes. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient based on the number of people you’re serving.
- 2 quarts (8 cups) fresh apple cider
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks (use additional sticks for garnish)
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 apple, sliced thinly (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Simmer longer for stronger flavor, if desired.
- Remove orange slices, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and anise. Pour into mugs and garnish with extra cinnamon sticks and apple slices. Serve hot.
Yield 8 servings.
A light and refreshing treat, watermelon sorbet is a great way to cool down without the calories of ice cream. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the crisp and tangy flavor of watermelon paired with lemon.
3 cups watermelon (chopped with seeds removed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
Mint sprigs to garnish
Combine the sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove sugar mixture from heat and let cool.
Puree the watermelon in a blender or food processor, then pour into the cooled sugar mixture.Then pour the mix into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.
Scoop and serve in bowls and garnish with mint leaves.
Yield: Approximately 4 cups
Strawberry, Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Salad
4 cups of fresh baby spinach
2 cups of sliced strawberries
6 slices of prosciutto
2 ounces of goat cheese (crumbled)
1 handful of almonds
Your favorite balsamic dressing
- Divide spinach among two salad bowls.
- Top with strawberries, almonds and goat cheese.
- Slice up the prosciutto and add to the top. If you prefer crispy prosciutto, lay prosciutto on a baking sheet and put under the broiler for approximately 5 minutes. Let cool and then crumble on top of the salad.
- Top with your favorite balsamic dressing and dig in!
This is a great salad because it allows for lots of customization. Arugula instead of spinach is an easy substitution. If you can’t find prosciutto, regular bacon works wonders. And, if you’re not a fan of goat cheese, feta or blue cheese would both work as well.
With the Super Bowl fast approaching, regardless of which team you’re rooting for, I think all fans can agree on one thing – the food!
A Super Bowl party staple is Buffalo Chicken Dip, and this quick and easy recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 12-16 oz. of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 rotisserie chicken – shredded
- 1/3 cup of Buffalo Wing Sauce (more if you want it spicier)
- ½ cup of blue cheese or ranch dressing
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While your oven is heating, begin shredding the chicken into a bowl. Once you’re finished, add the cream cheese, hot sauce, blue cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Mix everything together (you can use a hand mixer to help), then transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add the cheddar cheese to the top.
Cover your pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes (or until the cheese on top is thoroughly melted).
Serve hot with your favorite kind of chips or bread!
To make it extra special, you could also serve in a football shaped bread bowl: