In the Community
We would like to thank everyone who donated blood at our drive yesterday! Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we surpassed our goal by 34%!
Blood Drive Goal: 23
Presenting Donors: 34
Pints Collected: 31
First time donors: 3
Potential Lives Saved: 93
% of goal achieved: 134%
For more information about the Red Cross, or to donated blood, please go to their website: www.redcross.org
In the Community
Homestead Funding won its first game for the season! In the game against McGeary's Irish Pub, the final score was 14-6. Here are some of the highlights:
Matt Milavec – 2 home runs
Dan Squires – 2 hits and great all around defense
Ashley Barlow – Amazing line drive catch at second base
Tony Felitte – Game winning pitcher
6 runs were scored in the 4th inning!
Captain Chris Smith said, "Just an overall solid game with great defense and good hitting from everyone!"
The next game is Monday, July 11th at 6:15pm against the 1st place team!
We hope the Homestead team can keep the momentum going! Congratulations team!
In the Community
Homestead Funding’s softball team had its first game last night. This is our first season participating in a coed softball league are we are very excited to be in the league! The final score was Homestead 10 - Recovery Sports Grill 11.
Here are some of the highlights from the evening:
Nick White- Pitched a complete game and also went 3 for 3 with 2 RBIs
Jane Borbee- Went 1 for 2 with 2 RBIs
Brandon Shaw- Went 2 for 3 with a triple 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
Pete Ogno- went 2 for 2 with a run scored
Nick Rutherford- went 2 for 2 with an RBI and run scored
Caitlin Roddy- went 2 for 3 with an RBI and run scored
Matt Milavec- went 2 for 3 with a double and triple and a run scored
Dan Squires- went 1 for 1 with homerun
Cam Felitte- went 3 for 4 with an RBI and 2 runs scored
Thank you to everyone who played and all the fans who attended! Even though we didn’t win, it’s sure to be an exciting season.
To check out Homestead’s game schedule, please click here. We hope to see you there!
Homestead Funding is proud to announce that we have been ranked in the top five of the 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine!
“We are very happy to have received this recognition. It really speaks to how dedicated and hard working all of our team members are,” said Mike Rutherford, CEO and Owner of Homestead Funding. “There are a lot of wonderful people at Homestead and it’s great we have this opportunity to show our appreciation. What’s even more amazing is that we were able to reach the top five in our first time participating.”
The rankings were determined by surveying over 10,000 Loan Originators around the country and over 200 companies participated. Each year, Mortgage Executive Magazine asks Loan Originators to rank their companies based on company culture, loan processing, underwriting, compensation, management, marketing, and technology.
“It’s good to know that our Loan Originators are happy with Homestead. We strive to provide them with the tools they need to succeed,” said Daniela Bigalli, VP of Sales and Marketing. “We also try to consistently improve our processes so we remain
competitive and the employer of choice in our markets”
Homestead Funding Corp. is a multi-state licensed mortgage banker with branches located throughout the eastern U.S. In operation since 1995, our corporate headquarters is located in Albany, New York where we have perennially been the area's largest independent mortgage lender. We have tens of thousands of satisfied customers, originated billions of dollars in residential mortgage loans and maintained a reputation of exceptional service, honesty, integrity and financial reliability.
Homestead is always looking for talented sales professionals and if you would like to find out more about what we offer our sales team and what differentiates us in the marketplace please visit https://homesteadfunding.com/careers, email email@example.com or call Kathy Fox at (518) 464-1100 x 660.
And if you or someone you know would like home loan information, please feel free to contact us!
Over the winter, you may have thought about ways you can spruce up your home this spring. Or maybe you wanted to make some improvements, but weren’t sure where to start. Here are a few examples of ways you can take to make your home look its best!
- Update your hardware. By replacing old door handles and locks, you can make your front door look like new!
- Repaint your outside trim and doors. Sometimes just a little bit of paint can go a long way! Changing trim color is an easy way to update your exterior without having to paint the whole house.
- Clean your windows. This may sound like a silly one, but making sure your windows shine can make a big difference. Cleaning them inside and out can bring the sparkle back to your home.
- Add planters. If you have a porch or front steps, you can put together planters with different annuals and greens so they have color throughout the season.
- Power wash your deck, patio, and walk ways. Over the years, dirt and moss can accumulate on the walkways around your home. You can rent (or buy) a power washer to make quick work of removing these spots.
- Replace or repaint your mailbox. A mailbox may not seem important, but over time they can rust and start to become unappealing. Check to see what shape it’s in and see if it needs a makeover.
- Install solar powered lamps. These easy to install lights are a good way to improve your outdoor lighting without breaking the bank. They are great for illuminating sideways, driveways and other areas of your yard that need a little extra light.